Saturday, March 17, 2012

Vaccinating Children

Posted by Sarah Sweetz Akhza at 10:53 AM
Vaccinating Children

Vaccines are such a hot topic these days and one that causes moms to question what the "right" decision is. Should I vaccinate or not? How do I make the right decision for my children?


I know, I'm a mom, and it's on my mind too.


There are medical professionals out there who will tell you (whether you ask their opinion or not) all the reasons you should vaccinate, including the health risks if you don't and all the research to prove it.


There are other medical professionals who are on the fence about vaccinating using the current schedule (administering multiple vaccines at the same time).


Then there are many chiropractors and alternative healers who are advocates for not vaccinating their children. Their kids attend school (I'm talking about NY), are healthy and they have the documentation and research to prove that vaccines are harmful to your child's health.


Who's right? That is a question for the ages and one that I'm not sure has a definite answer.


What is MOST important is what YOU think is right for your child.

DO the research, ASK your pediatrician, TALK with other moms and MAKE your decision. Then feel good about your decision. That is what is most important at the end of the day. Feel good and stand confidently behind your decision.

Here's a few resources I've found very helpful. If you have your own please share them with others who are seeking to better understand (by posting on mommy chat forum-see below).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Art of teaching | Design by [blogger merak dua]